"Fathers and Sons" is an episode of The Outer Limits television show. It first aired on 6 August 1999, during the fifth season.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Opening narration
- 3 Plot
- 4 Closing narration
- 5 Cast
A young woman visits her grandmother, who appears as if she is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. As soon as the young woman leaves, the caretakers put the grandmother back into a container in a very large storage facility.
|“||In a world where youth is valued more than wisdom, what will become of our elders?||”|
A man decides that his father, a famous blues musician, needs to move to an old folks home. Shortly after joining the home the man begins to suffer memory problems and complain about bad dreams. It turns out that he is having his memories taken out of his brain at the home and they're then being sold. When the grandson tries to rescue the grandfather from the home, his father stops him and then destroys the memory stealing and transferring machines after removing the memories of the three staff members in that building.
|“||The greatest lesson one generation can bestow upon the next is that reverence for the past ensures the future.||”|
- Eugene Byrd as Ronnie Dell
- Anthony Sherwood as Hank Dell
- Julie Patzwald as Tara Vanatter
- Bob Morrisey as Dr. Benton Adler
- Lesley Ewen as Mrs. Dell
- Peter Williams as Chili Wayne
- Bill Cobbs as Joe Dell
- Eleana Johnson as Edna Vanatter
- Duane Keogh as Roger Nygard
- Maria Louisa Figura as Inga
- Matthew Harrison as Orderly
- Tom Pickett as Security Guard
- Barbara Dyke as Woman
- Kevin Conway as The Control Voice